From Erin @ Wooltopia..

This is a blog post written by Erin from Wooltopia.. gasp.. yes one of my competitors.. but Erin and I are also friends, the dryer ball world brought us together and you know what.. she is super nice!! LOL Here is a post she made on her blog that I think came from one of the many dryer ball world conversations that her and I have had together.. thank you Erin for writing this because you know we feel the same over here at Buddha Bunz!



Competition
I guess this isn't so much of a response as something I've been wanting to say for awhile but haven't had the right opportunity.

A wool dryer ball is a wool dryer ball is a wool dryer ball. Honestly, Wooltopia dryer balls are not magical and do not hold any wizard powers. They will bounce around in your dryer and save you some drying time, soften your clothes, and cut down on static. And guess what? Most of the other dryer balls out there will do the same. Are all dryer balls created equal? Well no. But for the most part, they're all going to achieve the same results. I'd like to tell you that Wooltopia dryer balls are super special and will also fold your clothes, but sadly we haven't figured that feature out yet.

I've been told by a very reputable source that any dryer ball over 2.5 oz will have the same beneficial qualities. So a 2.5 oz ball that is 3 inches around, or a 2.5 oz ball that is 12 inches around...or a 3 oz 3 inch ball or a 3 oz 12 inch ball...it doesn't matter!!

That's not to say that dryer balls cannot be unique. There are different scents, colors, methods. But all in all I believe you are buying the experience of the maker. One might last longer than another. But since most of them will last a year or 2, not much research has been done in that area.

So there it is, the truth about dryer balls! Buy what you want, from who you want and know that wherever you buy them from you are going to get a product that works...because wool dryer balls really do work!! But they work because they are wool dryer balls, and not because any brand is more magical than the other.


Again Erin, thank you for writing that. I know that we are competition and we both make dryer balls.. but I think above that we are friends. What she wrote above is something I've wanted to address for a while now, but just haven't put it into words.. Buddha Bunz has been making and selling wool dryer balls for over 2 years now.. we've made thousands and thousands and thousands of them in that 2 years.. we still have customers using some of the very first balls we started making 2 years ago.. and they look just as good as the brand new ones! Yes the sizes have changed (sometimes I get on a roll.. yes pun intended) and a batch ends up small.. sometimes they end up big.. but all in all it is a ball of wool and it works and I have rolled each and every one myself and I know that for 2 years I have been making them the same exact way and that has to say something for us and our product.. we perfected our process and haven't changed since. We may not have the loudest cheerleaders or the most flashy posts, but I love all of my friends and I am so grateful for the opportunity that Buddha Bunz has given me to be able to stay home with my family.. even though J had to go to preschool because I am so busy now.. LOL.. I love my job, I love being able to provide a high quality product to you all that I know will stand the test of time and I know this because it HAS stood the test of time already and we just continue to grow. Thank you to each of you who has purchased from us and I hope to continue to be here for you in years to come!

~Melinda

No comments